TECHNOLOGY FROM JATRODIESEL, USA
(SUPER CRITICAL TECHNOLOGY)
JatroDiesel's SUPER™ process is a patented single stage, catalyst free, supercritical process technology that will process feedstock with free fatty acid (FFA) up to 100% with minimal or no loss in yield, and completely eliminates the use of a catalyst such as Sulfuric Acid, Sodium Methylate or heterogeneous catalyst (solid or enzymatic). This provides a substantial savings.
In the SUPER™ (supercritical) process both esterification and transesterification are combined into a single stage and operates under high pressure and temperature. This method eliminates the usage of any catalyst. The SUPER™ process can handle feedstock with FFA up to 100% by weight.
- No Catalyst is required.
- 25% to 32% savings on production cost compared to the Traditional process.
- Feedstock flexibility to blend oils with FFA up to 100% by weight.
- >98% biodiesel yield vs. Traditional plants with 89% to 96% biodiesel yields.
- Single stage reaction instead of multiple stages in a Traditional plant.
- Glycerin purity of greater than 95% by weight yields a high value than glycerin from Traditional plants.
- No soaps ever generated in the Transesterification reaction which is a labor cost issue for Traditional plants.
- Wet methanol can be used, a moisture tolerant reaction.
- Smaller footprint.
- Fast reaction rates, less than a minute.